Green Management Consulting
Renewable Energy, Sustainable Real Estate (Green Building), & Corporate Sustainability
Momentum Bay provides energy & sustainability consulting services in two ways:
- Public speaking, training, custom research, strategic planning, business development, & other marketing communications
- Renewable energy or green power advisory including energy strategy, demand management, supply / procurement management, monitoring, & messaging (i.e., marketing & communications)
- Sustainable real estate or green building strategy
- Corporate sustainability strategy & reporting, carbon footprint analysis, etc. (projects at various hourly rates dependent upon scope of services)
- Energy & sustainability strategy consultant**, focused on implementation (hourly or monthly rate; projects range from $15,000 to $100,000+)
- Chief Sustainability Officer or VP of Sustainability (fixed monthly rate; typical project duration 12 to 36 months)
Momentum Bay advises primarily leaders in three client segments:
1. design, construction & real estate (e.g., developers, owners, & property managers / facility managers of ENERGY STAR® labeled green buildings & LEED® certified, pre-certified & registered green building projects)
2. a host of other industries going green (e.g., energy, banking & food)
3. the nonprofit / faith community (e.g., Texas' healthiest, most sustainable K-12 school; a Christian college; an eco-adventure ranch resort; a tax-credit developer-owner-manager of low-income apartment communities; & the nation's premier Boy Scout camp for marine activities).
For these & other clients, sustainability is usually already a strong component of their financial, operational & marketing strategies. But, clients often seek guidance about:
- how to discover simplicity, savings, synergies & strategies through sustainable best practices
- how to minimize & manage risks by getting ahead of green standards or their competitors' commitments
- how to lead their industries & remain relevant to stakeholders (e.g., most LEED certified projects since 2006 have achieved Gold certification; so, how to achieve Platinum and beyond, practically & profitably?)
- how to speak or communicate the "so what?!" of sustainability, &
- how to integrate sustainability in their projects & throughout their organizations
As management consultants first, sustainability experts next & practitioners most importantly, Momentum Bay offers a valuable perspective to clients struggling with business-as-usual:
- In 2002, Momentum Bay began as a boutique management consulting firm providing crisis management, turnaround management, corporate renewal & strategic growth consulting to owners & executives in construction-related industries, e.g., building supply distributors & retailers; home furnishings, flooring & wood products manufacturers; design-build firms; mixed-use developers; etc.
- From 2002 to 2007, projects centered on green building & corporate sustainability. But, in 2005, Momentum Bay's scope became solely sustainability.
- In 2007, Momentum Bay added renewable energy to its mix with a new business unit GREEN POWER 4 TEXAS.
- And, in 2010, Momentum Bay's GREEN POWER 4 TEXAS business unit moved fortified its consulting by becoming a practitioner -- a distributor-dealer & general contractor-EPC-installer of behind-the-meter solar photovoltaic & wind turbine power generation systems.
Momentum Bay views sustainability as much more than an environmental or marketing add-on: resource stewardship is integral to business & life, & going green can even be practical, fun & game-changing. That is, the firm advises & practices sustainability professionally & personally to secure clients' & Momentum Bay's own financial capital (profit), human capital (people), & natural capital (planet), equally balanced but in that order.
>> For more information, please email info [at] momentumbay [dot] com
* Our firm also provides indirectly a wide array of other green services via a select group of other leading green companies, which we represent as business developer, or sales representative. Our consultants have shopped the nation on our clients' behalf & negotiated discounts on the premier specialized green products & services, which nearly every business requires as it pursues corporate sustainability and/or sustainable real estate projects.
** NOTE: Our firm's GREEN POWER 4 TEXAS corporate customers that have purchased at least four years of discounted renewable electricity receive some of these services for FREE as a value-added service.